Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Year, New PLace

It's already February 2010. Time goes by so fast, I wonder where January went? Did'nt have time to blog...so much has happened the last blog entry 12/11/09 that it feels like several lifetimes and I'm afraid to that when I look in the mirror I'm gonna see an old hag with white hair and whiskers on the chin. We sold our condo.(Yipeee!) found an apartment in 1 week, arranged moving, changing address and taking care of utilities, up to now, we still have several boxes stacked in the bedroom.I miss our condo. The nice, big kitchen with endless countertops, the bright and spacious living room. Cavernous closets. It's like downsizing but with 2 kids. I had made several trips to goodwill and St Barnabas already to drop off donations and toys. I cannot believe how much crap a family can accumulate in a few years. And the toys...oh my jumping crackers and salt...the toys! big and small, little parts of bigger toys. I used to take for granted the toys we have since we had a bigger space before, it was all spread out, but now in a smaller apartment, it is like the toys are taking over. It was just too much that I packed several boxes and put some away. I wish I could send it all to the Philippines, but the shipping cost will be worth more than the toys are worth. And besides some of the toys are missing a little -sumthing-sumthing so I can't really sell it on ebay. My daughter and I went through her stash, for each toy she wants to keep, she has to pick one to give away. Hopefully it teaches her about charity and to appreciate what she have. And with the toys she has chosen, I put away half so when she gets tired of the toys I put it, all I have to do is get some out of storage and it feels like a brand new toy. since goodwill will not accept children's toys anymore, I post a lot on stuff on freecycle. Another man's trash or rather woman's trash is another family's treasure. Besides, it feels better knowing that a well loved toy is going to someone who will also treasure it. Keeps it out of landfills and makes another child happy. Winner on both sides I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment